Hot Yoga Scituate MA
380 Chief Justice Hywy
Bikram's Beginners series
OPEN DOORS POWER YOGA STUDIO
65 Washington Street
Hot Power Yoga, Gentle, PreNatal, Kundal
Back & Body Pilates and Yoga Certification Studios
6 Grove St. Norwell Ma 02061
Hot Yoga, Power Yoga, Restorative Yoga
Revere Bally Total Fitness
561 Squire Rd
Programs & Services
Bilingual staff, Cardio Equipment, Child Center, Group Exercise Studio, Indoor Track, Parking, Personal Training, Pilates, Pool, Sauna, Whirl Pool, Yoga
Data Provided By:
Art and Soul Space
11 Hollett Street
Hatha, Flow, Pilates, Yogilates, worksho
Open Doors Power Yoga
Hot Power Yoga
Real Life Yoga Studio
239 North Franklin St
gentle, hatha, power yoga( no heat), res
1629 Central Street
Bikram Method Hatha Yoga
Center For Growth and Change
516 North Bedford Street
east Bridgewater, MA
Data Provided By:
Whidden's School of Fitness, Inc.
822 Webster St.
Kripalu & hot power yoga
Data Provided By:
Hot Yoga for Great Health and Wellness
| Written by Administrator |
Hot Yoga is a series of yoga poses done in a heated room. The room is usually maintained at a temperature of 95-100 degrees.
As you can imagine, a vigorous yoga session at this temperature promotes profuse sweating which rids the body of toxins. Hot Yoga also makes the body very warm, and therefore more flexible. Moksha Yoga is a form of Hot Yoga that is more well known today.
Hot Moksha Yoga
Hot Moksha Yoga is a form of hot yoga that is ideal for the yoga beginner as well as the seasoned practitioner. Hot Moksha yoga is a series of traditional yoga postures created for practice in a heated room. The series of postures taught in hot moksha yoga is a cardiovascular workout . It incorporates many challenging postures that sustain an elevated heart rate. It strengthens, tones, and stretches the muscles while calming the mind and reducing stress . The heated room allows tighter muscles to stretch with greater ease. All Hot Yoga classes follow a basic structure that is fundamental to the Moksha Yoga practice.
Health Benefits of Hot Moksha Yoga
Health benefits of Hot Moksha Yoga include but are not limited to:
- Reduces stress . Hot Moksha Yoga's deep breathing exercises brings calming effect that reduces stress .
- Alleviates/Improves Depression. Hot Yoga also helps alleviate depression .In addition to melatonin, the pineal gland also controls the release of serotonin, the "mood" hormone. As certain postures flush the pineal gland with oxygenated blood its function improves and emotional highs and low begin to even out.
- Improves Arthritis .The 'hot' element of the hot yoga class is what has the most dramatic affect on arthritis sufferers.
- Reduces Back/Knee Pain. The heat in a Moksha Yoga class relaxes the joints. Also Hot Moksha Yoga focuses on opening the hips where knee and back pain often originate.
- Reduces and/or Alleviates Headaches. Many postures in the Moksha Yoga sequence relieve tension and tightness in the neck and shoulder area. As this area relaxes, blood flow increases and headaches often decrease or go away entirely.
- Reduces/Improves Insomnia. Several postures focus on increasing blood flow through the pineal gland where melatonin, the hormone released to induce deep sleep, is released.
- Reduces Digestive Problems. With regular practice many Hot Moksha Yoga students find that they don't crave junk food as much. This inclination towards a healthier diet, coupled with calming the nervous system, helps with long-term digestive issues. Hot Moksha Yoga also can help improve symptoms from common digestive disorders such as irritable bowel disorder (IBS).
- Reduces Constipation. Relaxing the central nervous system by focusing on breathing increases a process called peristalsis. Peristalsis moves processed food thr...
Click here to read the rest of this article from MuscleMagFitness.com