Natural Treatments for Insomnia Mililani HI
94-748 Hikimoe St Ste A
D A Pharmacy
94-1036 Waipio Uka St Ste 104C
Waipahu Family Pharmacy
94-889 Waipahu St Ste 103
Newtown Square Pharmacy Inc
98-1247 Kaahumanu St Ste 320A
Kapolei Medical Park Ste Ste
Ewa Beach, HI
Leeward Oahu Pharmacy
94-837 Waipahu St
Saint Francis W
Medical Center Pharmacy
98-211 Pali Momi St Ste 205
Aiea Medical Pharmacy
99-128 Aiea Heights Dr Ste 103
Haleiwa Shopping Cnt
Learn How to Beat Anxiety, Stress, Insomnia, Stress Related Conditions Naturally
| Written by Jeff Behar |
Sstress is the disruption of homeostasis through physical or psychological stimuli. Stressful stimuli can be mental, physiological, anatomical or physical reactions. Stress and anxiety can cause destruction to the mind, body and soul.
Excess stress and anxiety can manifest itself in a variety of emotional, behavioral, and even physical symptoms, and the symptoms of stress vary enormously among different individuals.
Common somatic (physical) symptoms often reported by those experiencing excess stress include:
- emotional and behavioral symptoms (e.g., include nervousness, anxiety, changes in eating habits including overeating, loss of enthusiasm or energy, and mood changes)
- gastrointestinal disturbances,
- muscle tension
- tension headaches
There is significant evidence that stress and anxiety can cause or worsen various diseases or conditions. These include:
- Aging . Stress affects our hormonal balance and can make us look older.
- Auto-immune diseases. Stress may intensify symptoms in diseases that have an autoimmune component, such as rheumatoid arthritis.
- Anxiety disorders
- Gastrointestinal problems , including irritable bowel syndrome
- Heart disease . The link between stress and heart disease is well-established. If stress is intense, and stress hormones are not ‘used up’ by physical activity, our raised heart rate and high blood pressure put tension on arteries and cause damage to them. As the body heals this damage, artery walls scar and thicken, which can reduce the supply of blood and oxygen to the heart. This is where a fight-or-flight response can become lethal: Stress hormones accelerate the heart to increase the blood supply to muscles; however, blood vessels in the heart may have become so narrow that not enough blood reaches the heart to meet these demands. This can cause a heart attack.
- High blood pressure
- Migraines and
- Fluctuations of blood sugar in diabetics.
Natural Management Tips
- Get enough sleep. Lack of rest can aggravate stress.
- Eat well. Avoid sugars, processed foods, too much caffeine.
- Exercise Regularly. Exercise is one of the best physical stress-reduction techniques available. Exercise not only improves your health and reduces stress caused by unfitness, it also relaxes tense muscles and helps you to sleep. Exercise has a number of other positive benefits you may not be aware of: (1) It improves blood flow to your brain, bringing additional sugars and oxygen that may be needed when you are thinking intensely. (2) By exercising, you speed the flow of blood through your brain, removing bio waste products caused by o...
Click here to read the rest of this article from MuscleMagFitness.com