Personal Trainers Princeton WV
Princeton Health Fitness Center
321 Twelfth St Ext
323 Rogers St
Wellness Center Incorporate
Body Image Fitness Inc
Po Box 700
Princeton Health & Fitness Center
321 12th Street Ext
Nu Shape Plus
Bluefield Dance Theatre
418 Federal St
The Training Edge
313 Courthouse Rd
Summers County Community Welln
221 Temple St
Warning Signs That You Have Picked the Wrong Personal Trainer
| Written by Jeff Behar, MS, MBA |
Like all professions, personal training has its share of experts, as well as their share of trainers that, lets say, are not the top of the heap. Since personal trainer is expensive, and also since training the wrong way can not only keep you from your goals, but may in fact injure you, it is important to hire the right personal trainer for you.
Here are some warning flags that you may need to choose another personal trainer:
Consider switching trainers if your trainer does any of the following:
- Does not paying attention to you while you are training with him/her.
- Interrupts your session to talk to friends or take phone calls (unless it's an emergency or can't be avoided)
- Ignores or dismisses your questions and concerns.
- Doesn't explain things to you (has a just do it mentality).
- Doesn't listen to your concerns/needs.
- Works you too easy, to placate you, rather than training you appropriately, challenging you so you can meet your goals.
- Works you so hard you're in pain for days. Soreness is normal, but you should still be able to get out of bed.
- Neglects any part of a complete program or recommends a level of training that's too hard for you.
- Recommends questionable supplements or herbs. Always talk to your doctor before taking anything!
- Diagnoses injuries or illnesses instead of referring you to a doctor.
- Doesn't customize your training and nutrition program (uses a 1 routine for all concept).
- Doesn't return phone calls or emails.
- Hasn't worked with other clients with your same starting fitness level and age.
- Hasn't kept up with the latest ideas, research, and equipment.
A personal trainer should:
- watch you, correct your alignment, explain what you're doing and why
- motivate you
- make sure your improving and making progress and adjust y...
Click here to read the rest of this article from MuscleMagFitness.com